ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you know a good image viewer with CMYK support ?

<< < (4/6) > >>

PhilB66:
IE7 save target as function saves it as cmyk_test.jpg while Opera saves it as .png. Opening the image with paint shows the correct colors.

Grorgy:
now that interesting, i dowloaded it with ie7 as well and got the jpg instead of the png and the right colours show up in microsoft office picture manager and windows picture and fax viewer

tomos:
IE7 save target as function saves it as cmyk_test.jpg while Opera saves it as .png-PhilB66 (August 12, 2007, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

odd,
in FF I rightclicked to save image & got a png - but of course that was the thumb!
so
I clicked on thumb to enlarge & it simply dissapeared without even leaving the "little red cross" as in Curt's case...
the plot thickens ...

dopus viewer displays my own test CMYK (photo) jpeg perfectly
just tried a quick test with graphics (flat colours) in dopus, also no problem

gave in & opened IE - the test image looks fine in Dopus for me too...

Curt:
Man, am I mystified!

Right-clicking the test picture and Saving Target As (JPG) it will display the thumb in Explorer with the "crabby colors", but opening it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will display the correct (I assume) colors!!:

Do you know a good image viewer with CMYK support ?

I don't have any genuine CMYK images, so I don't know the answer to the original question, but it seems you should try Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"!
 :tellme:

PhilB66:
ImageTool can view it correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version