ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is a good partition manager for Windows Vista

<< < (2/2)

Wordzilla:
So far i have not encountered any (noticeable) problem with Paragon (under Vista).

I remember I had to use Paragon because Vista partition management was very limited (it didn't even allow me to merge partitions without losing data).

patteo:
I remember I had to use Paragon because Vista partition management was very limited (it didn't even allow me to merge partitions without losing data).
-Wordzilla (August 07, 2007, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Precisely, Vista partition management is very limited. I could only used it because the 2nd Partition was basically empty and hence I could delete it so that it became contiguous in order to "extend it". Sort of a very round about way of doing things and it won't work if the partition is not empty.

Ie with Vista Partition Manager, you would be at a dead end in most situations.

Tekzel:
I use Acronis Disk Director.  Works great, lets you split and merge partitions and everything.

rute:
Aconis Disk Director gets my vote.  Works well in Vista and does what it says on the box...everything!

Good luck.

mwang:
There are some known issues with Paragon under Vista, but at least they're pretty forthright about it as far as I can tell (I don't use Paragon).

Acronis, on the other hand, may have issues that they don't tell. I don't use their partition manager, but I do use their disk imager (True Image Home 10). They claim it to be Vista compatible, while in fact there are lingering issues (see, e.g., here & here), including one that would require a system repair after restoring from backup images. It has to do with Vista's new partitioning scheme, so the same issue might also bug their partition manager.

While Acronis learned about these issues months ago, till now they haven't put any information online (in FAQ or anything) yet. You have to go to their official support forums to find out.

Just FYI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version