ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Silly Idea? A program that counts out loud

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I had a funny idea today, and although i can't for the life of me think of a real use for this, it might be a fun project for someone looking to mess around with speech synthesis libraries.

Idea is a small program that just starts counting out loud like:
one, two, three, ..., five thousand and fifty four, ...
and so on until you stop it.

Might be interesting to put it on while you are trying to get to sleep.  I think for something like this it would be nice to use a quality voice library or maybe even custom recordings of the numbers (such a limited vocabulary so it should be possible).

Armando:
Crazy man. :)

AbteriX:
I see an use for gymnastics.  one, two, three, ...,

Especially if you would include repeating:
REPEAT FROM [ 1] TO [ 20]
and PAUSE before repeating: [ 30]sec.

Then i am able to open an gym, but need to increase
the vocabulary with -- "once again please" -- and -- "the last five now, ladies"

f0dder:
Should be a fun little programming exercise anyway - once you've made an algorithm that can spell out an integer in English, the rest is pretty simple (until you get into trying to make the stitched-together speech sound natural ;) ).

app103:
It would end up sounding like an automated telephone information system at best. (the one for directory assistance)

It doesn't really seem all that hard to do, just thinking about it...but it probably will be harder than I think in practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version