ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Top 3 programs you use

<< < (12/41) > >>

sri:
Direct Access
Xplorer2 lite
Launchy

and Firefox.

kovi2:
It's hard to pick up only 3, it is.

But after some consideration I finally would choose:
1. Wolfram Mathematica (5.2 and 6)
2. DOpus 9
3. WebSite-Wathcer

(all are legal before you ask  :) )

There would be some other tools I use on regular basis but these are the most important ones among those...

Grorgy:
looking at these programs it seems to me you need to change the question a bit.  I find it unlikely that anyone, except perhaps mouser, actually uses FARR for more than a few seconds at a time, yeah sure its a convenient way to launch a program but wouldn't what's launched be of more interest?  Maybe if you had a few categories, Favourite launcher, file/directory explorer, browser, other utilities, and most used program apart from those categories.  Just a thought.

Renegade:
looking at these programs it seems to me you need to change the question a bit.  I find it unlikely that anyone, except perhaps mouser, actually uses FARR for more than a few seconds at a time, yeah sure its a convenient way to launch a program but wouldn't what's launched be of more interest?  Maybe if you had a few categories, Favourite launcher, file/directory explorer, browser, other utilities, and most used program apart from those categories.  Just a thought.
-Grorgy (August 11, 2007, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

This makes sense, but then... How many categories?

It could be simplified to the top necessary things - browser, email client, Windows Explorer/replacement - then go on to very broad categories like "background programs or programs that mostly run in the background", utilities, applications.

e.g. FARR would be a utility, an alarm clock would be a background program, something like a music player *mostly* runs in the background, while an audio editor is clearly an application.

That would limit the number of categories to a very small number.

Depends on the info that the OP wants/needs.

misterbillusa:
Mozilla Firefox
Microsoft Outlook
StreetSmart Pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version