ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A "Wiki Word" add-in for MS Word?

<< < (3/4) > >>

iphigenie:
I can't imagine that there isnt someone out there who has already made a set of macros to do a "wiki" structure in word.
Finding it is another question.

Armando:
Hi everybody,

I haven't been able to put much thought and energy into this problem in the last few weeks... Even if it seems to me that a "Wiki Word" functionnality for MS Word would be extremely handy. (And not just for me, of course.  :P )

I read something about a product called "ZuluPad" which sounds similar to what you want. Don't know if it would have an "export" to Word function, etc. but you could contact the author. There's an open source version (according to here: http://www.gersic.com/zulupad/) and a paid version. I don't know anything much about either program.

As far as rewriting the macro...  Word already has internal linking, and the macro is doing text searching (but not efficiently). I thought you could just generate the links.

Actually, probably best to ask on one of Microsofts Word forums.
-tabletguy (August 27, 2007, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. ZuluPad is nice, but what I'm after is the same “wiki word”/cross linking feature BUT available in Word (and between MS word Documents -- of course, in an ideal computer world, it would be available in all applications). (BTW, there's a nice Mini-Review of ZuluPad / ZuluPad Pro by cthorpe here on DC)

I can't imagine that there isnt someone out there who has already made a set of macros to do a "wiki" structure in word.
Finding it is another question.
-iphigenie (August 28, 2007, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... and I really wish that somebody would come up and say : "yes, it does exist! here..." 

As tabletguy suggested, I guess that I will eventually have to ask about such a feature on a specialized Microsoft Word forum.

And ALSO… to be fair, I should really invest more time into the investigation of some of the suggestions proposed by Jimdoria. The abbreviation "vba" frightens me a bit (as I'm not a programmer...), but I guess that it's never too late to learn new skills...

Jimdoria:
I'll have some free time later in September where I might be able to help out with a project like this. I'm fairly adept at VB & VBA (although I'm no Skrommel so don't expect anything to be done in 1 hour!)

Armando:
Thanks Jim! That's kind. I might have more time too in a few weeks -- maybe, maybe... hard to predict these days! -- so I should be able focus more on that "problem". Hopefully.

(If only I knew how to code!!!  :stars: )

m9833:
Wow! A 13 Year old topic and I find it relevant even today. I know I should perhaps start a new topic, but all I want to do here is ask Armando if he ever found a solution. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version