ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

<< < (7/23) > >>

allen:
x2 is a great explorer replacement, I used it prior to switching to XYplorer. It's lack of portability bugged me and I found XY's default shortcuts (and menu organization) to be more intuitive -- a few other features XY has make it a better fit to me. But X2 is a great package.  And, of course, there's no one complain about it having dual panes.

kalos:
can you tell me please whats the best Windows Explorer replacement? but I want to fully integrate it (replace explorer.exe)

f0dder:
FWIW, xplorer2 standard version runs just fine off a thumbdrive - but it does use the registry for settings, so you're going to get the default settings. Not perfect, but better than nothing - I still think he should invest the (very small, if the rest of his code is sane) amount of time it would take to do a registry-or-xml-config scheme.

urlwolf:
TC can be run off an USB drive too.

Darwin:
Both TC 7.1 and xplorer2 look great. I'm resisting the urge to reinstall the trial for TC and to install the trial for xplorer2 that I downloaded... I have no need of another File Manager and yet, for some reason, I find them oddly compelling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version