ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

<< < (10/23) > >>

787:
No thanks, I comply with the T&C for personal use and the prompt is only a 1 button press so it's not all that annoying.
(Unlike some other so called shareware I've seen.)
A friend did pay some money as he uses it in his business.
I'm sure that after surviving some 10+ years and over 25mil downloads that the developer must have gotten something out of it.  :-\

Darwin:
Hmmm... I thought it was shareware. Interesting, I'll take another look.

Josh:
You are right, it is shareware

Total Commander is a Shareware program. This means that you can test it for a period of 30 days. After testing the program, you must either order the full version, or delete the program from your harddisk.-Totalcommander homepage
--- End quote ---

While the developer surely has been compensated, by leaving the program on your pc past the 30 day trial (since you claim to have used it since the 90s) you are violating the TOS and not giving the author any reason to continue development.

787:
Yes that is the current version T&C, not the one in my older version.
Either way, shareware is an "honesty" commitment and there are no obligations, legal or otherwise.
I'll leave it at that as this topic is drifting off Windows exploder.

Darwin:
Yes that is the current version T&C, not the one in my older version.
Either way, shareware is an "honesty" commitment and there are no obligations, legal or otherwise.
I'll leave it at that as this topic is drifting off Windows exploder.
-787 (August 28, 2007, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fine, but you directed everyone to the website featuring the current installer (which IS shareware) - why claim that it is free for personal use when this is no longer the case? As for shareware being an honesty commitment, I wonder how you'd feel if your employer used the same attitude WRT paying your wages?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version