ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

<< < (3/23) > >>

Darwin:
Nice review Mitz!

somebody needs to do a review of TC.
I just got it, so I'm not ready. But I did move from dopus to TC, and I think TC is king!

-urlwolf (August 12, 2007, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heresy! OK, maybe I'm overreacting, but when you make a comment like that, urlwolf, you'd better back it up with a review!

EDIT: couldn't wait - downloaded and installed a trial. Wow. Quite impressed. I love how simple the interface is... Normally at this point I'd uninstall it (afterall, I have current licences for DOpus 9, XYPlorer, AccelMan, and DiskJockey - hasn't been installed in a couple of years - so have no need for another file manager), but Total Commander is enough fun that I'm interested in playing around with it some more.

f0dder:
I love xplorerer2, ordered it quite a while ago :)

mitzevo:
Darwin,

How many file managers do you need!?  ;D You have DOpus, XYplorer, and.. more? lol. I still want to try DOpus ('cuz every one says it's so great and yadda yadda ya..), and TC.. they seem to be well known and liked by a lot of ppl.

f0dder:
I never really understood the fuzz about TC, it seems to have some very die-hard followers, but the program itself? *shrug*.

What I personally love about xplorer2 is it's simplicity, yet feature-richness. It's great it supports both dual- and single-pane views, can almost function 100% as an explorer replacement (it has problems with a very few special locations, like "network connections"), and is lightning fast.

It also has pretty configurable color coding:
xplorer², a powerful windows file manager and explorer replacement / alternative

edbro:
I also am back to xplorer2 after switching to Vista. It is fully compatible and I could not afford the too steep price of updating my DirOpus. My only regret here is that I bought the professional version. Months later I realize that I really only use the functionality of the freeware version. Oh well, at least the price was reasonable and, at least for now, the upgrades are free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version