ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Recommended/Best/Most Useful IDEs for Language *insert language*?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Renegade:
All for C#:

Have a look at BlackSun for Eclipse for C#.

There's also Improve C# Plugin for Eclipse.

Also, XDevelop is another option.

I'm currently trying out those 2/4 (depending on how you count - 2 are plugins for Ecplise) above and Mono Develop - all for C#.

So far nothing even comes close to Visual Studio. However, I'm going to give them a fair shake. XDevelop is first because I've only got a 30 day trial for it and need to get as much done in the limited time that I have with it.

Mono Develop is now at v1.0 beta 1 (0.16). I was trying out v0.12 and v0.15 and both were rather unstable. I won't be getting back to 0.16 for a bit as I'll be focusing on XDevelop for a while (probably until I get bored of it or frustrated - and most likely frustrated).

The jury is still out on all of the above as I've just started to get into it with my shiny new Suse box. I'll most likely do a review of them for the .NET Preacher Show once I'm more comfortable with them (or gotten frustrated with them). We'll see...

Ehtyar:
For a freeware C# IDE, you can't go past SharpDevelop.

Ehtyar.

Renegade:
For a freeware C# IDE, you can't go past SharpDevelop.
-Ehtyar (October 05, 2007, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for SharpDevelop - It's EXTREMELY well done!

urlwolf:
anything for actionscript? I find the flash IDE to be horrible...

tinjaw:
anything for actionscript? I find the flash IDE to be horrible...
-urlwolf (October 27, 2007, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have not personally used it, but other have recommended the open source FlashDevelop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version