ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can I uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 ??

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
Thanks a lot for answering me, friends. The picture is very clear now; I am certainly gonna keep them all.

Thinking of what Wordzilla said, maybe it is better (when time comes) to upgrade to Vista from XP, rather than starting with Vista, otherwise I won't have .NET 1.1 and old programs may play unstable or not play at all?

... (The UI of my ancient release of Mobysaurus, which was built specifically for .NET 1.1, get rendered differently and distortedly  ;) in 2.0-only systems.)

So my suggestion is: if you have them, keep them all.
-Wordzilla (August 02, 2007, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
:tellme:
----

BTW, .NET 3.5 is coming.
-Lashiec (August 02, 2007, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I looked at some 3.5 paper some days ago, but have forgotten what it said, but I think I had the impression 3.5 will be Vista only?
 :tellme:
---

:-[ -Darwin (August 02, 2007, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D
 :-*

lanux128:
my experience.. i once had only .NET 3.0 but still some programs insisted on 1.1 or 2.0 so now i have all three.. :)

Curt:
Thanks for verifying, lanux. Are you saying it is posible to after-install 1.1 on Vista?

yksyks:
I'd also prefer uninstalling .NET 1.1, but I don't dare to... The reason is that the latest update completely blocks hibernation support on WinXP. This is vital for UPS to work correctly.

To this topic and solution see for example http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3157999.

lanux128:
Thanks for verifying, lanux. Are you saying it is posible to after-install 1.1 on Vista?-Curt (August 03, 2007, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Curt, i'm not sure about Vista but i installled 1.1 after i had already installed 3.0. This is on WinXP Pro.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version