ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Show number of characters as I type in email

<< < (3/11) > >>

lanux128:
...but I thought Firefox had an SMS plugin that would do this...-steeladept (August 03, 2007, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
steeladept, i think this is what you had in mind: Teleflip

Send instant messages to cell phones via Firefox. It uses the free service Teleflip and the freeware SMTP mailer Blat. Currently only compatible with Windows and service areas of North America.-website
--- End quote ---
• http://roachfiend.com/archives/2005/03/06/teleflip/

lanux128:
NOTE: Get the latest version of Count-as-you-type hereDue to virus false alarm on compiled Autohotkey scripts. i'm going to recompile the script and will post them later. in the meantime, i'm going to remove the download links temporarily.
i seem to have too much time on hand so i came up with this AHK script.. there is a list of changes below. :)

Count-as-you-type v1.36
• display number of characters typed.
• needs Autohotkey for the AHK script. there is a compiled EXE as well.

Changes:
• name change. 8)
• added tray-balloon notification when exceeding max character.
• auto-appear when OE compose window is active.
• launch GUI by double-clicking tray-icon.
• 'Close to Tray' button closes with text kept in memory (no re-typing).
• Added gui for configuration.
• Changed window detection from AHK Class to WinTitle (see note below).
• Added Nod's code for GUI changes. (Thanks, dude!)
• GUI closes when existing compose window is closed.
• Escape key now works the same as 'Send to Tray'.
• Minor fix: Settings for email app wasn't being saved.

Note: After recognizing the difficulties in supporting more than the three pre-defined email apps, i've added the 'Quick-Send' feature where you can use this script as a stand-alone tool. Basically, type your message then click on the 'Send' button and your default email app will be opened with the message in its compose window. To use this, check the 'Quick-Send' and your 'Copy' button will morph into 'Send' button. :)

Main

Config

Count-as-you-type-v136.ahk (7.93 kB - downloaded 1224 times.)
Count-as-you-type-v136.exe (237.26 kB - downloaded 1159 times.)

IconBoy:
Count characters as you type
-lanux128 (August 05, 2007, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks - this is a great script!
Is there any chance that if you over 160 characters, it could DING a sound or flash in the taskbar or some other type of of notification?
It would be great if the app autostarted if you started typing a specific email address  :D

lanux128:
sure i can add notification whenever maximum character is exceeded. :up:

but imo, autostart based on email address will be too resource-consuming, how about if the program appears whenever you have your email compose window open? in that case, i need to know your email program.. :)

IconBoy:
Thanks very much. I am using Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180. Perhaps if you had a Prefs option, you could browse to your Email program of choice?
Looking forward to trying it out. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version