ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best search and replace software discussion

<< < (10/10)

sajman99:
AbteriX, FileReplace looks pretty good, but... (1) I don't speak German- darn it! (2) The unregistered version--unlike MultiFind and TextCrawler etc.--has some serious limitations on the number of searched/replaced terms.

But I sure wish they had an English version so I could fully evaluate it.

sri:
I haven't checked all the posts in this thread...I use Replace Text (formerly known as BK ReplaceEm) a lot.

At its core, Replace Text is essentially a text search-and-replace program. However, unlike the search-replace functionality of a standard text editor, Replace Text is designed to operate on multiple files at once. And you need not only perform one search-replace operation per file; you can setup a list of operations to perform. If different groups of files need to have different operations performed on them, this is no problem either. You can also specify a backup file for each file processed, just in case the replace operation didn't do exactly what you wanted.
--- End quote ---

http://www.ecobyte.com/replacetext/

Curt:
What is the best textual search and replace around? -justice (July 30, 2007, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

The best may be Finders Keepers, but I am not too sure that the program hasn't been abandoned. And I find it weird that you have to first trial the program before you can be told what the price is. Also I am concerned that the activation procedure seems to fit a "one machine only"-license.

The program is written by the author of the program "Book Writer".

Key Benefits: Save Time and Eliminate Frustration

Four kinds of file searches      Plain-text, Regular Expression, Approximate, or Sound-alike.

Indexed text retrieval    It's not just for searching--use it for project overview too!  Find files or text on a hard drive in 1 second.

Six ways to view the files you find or index    Text Viewer, Binary Viewer, Default Viewer, Windows® Associated file, Windows® Quick View, or a Selected Viewer.

Find anything inside the files on your drives, disks, or LAN.
   Find names even if you don't know how to spell them.
   Find misspelled words, alternate spellings, and typo-ed words.
   Use plain and simple searches or complex grep-like regular expressions.
   Optionally search zip files.
   Replace text inside files, creating backups of the originals automatically.
   View or launch found files in any of six ways.
   Keep your results in any of several ways so you don't have to search for the same thing again and again.

Nearly 100 settings for advanced users--beginners don't have to set anything.

Touch files' dates, times, and attributes.
   Jump from file to file with a single click to see found words in various files.
   Index 1 file or 1000's for index-based text retrieval.
   Much more!  

It's easy to keep yourself from losing time and trains of thought to words hidden or lost in files.  Want to look some more?  Take a quick tour of Finders Keepers™.-Finders Keepers
--- End quote ---

http://www.yadudigital.com/products/products.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version