ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

compose hotkeys

(1/5) > >>

f0dder:
Hey mouser, I wonder if you could add a little feature request?

On another forum, by accident I pressed Ctrl+B, and lo and behold - a <B></B> pair was inserted (of course with square brackets, but I dunno how to do square brackets in a post without it acting as bbcode). For longer posts, I compose my stuff in notepad++, but for shorter (and thus quick) posts, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I and Ctrl+U shortcuts could be pretty decent... (also, if a selection is detected, wrap the selection in tags, just like the icons work currently).

app103:
Ctrl+B would conflict with my browser's hotkeys...that would open the window to manage my bookmarks.

None of the others conflict with mine, but they could conflict on some other browser.

f0dder:
Ctrl+B would conflict with my browser's hotkeys...that would open the window to manage my bookmarks.

None of the others conflict with mine, but they could conflict on some other browser.
-app103 (July 29, 2007, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
True - that could be a problem. Imho you probably don't want to bookmark the "make new post" page after you've hit reply, but it's a problem for the quick-reply field. BUT... if the hotkeys could somehow be 'local' so they're only active when the quick-reply field has focus?

app103:
I see what you are saying, but wouldn't the application hotkeys over-ride that and open that window any way?

AbteriX:
no offense, but maybe this

AHK BBCodeWriter v7.0.2 - An offline BBCode Editor

is something from interest for some of you?

found at
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6161&highlight=bbcode

[edited to attach picture]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version