ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone actually use windows system restore if so,does it work.

<< < (2/9) > >>

jmurr:
System Restore has saved me on numerous occasions.  I usually set a restore point before I donanything that I think may hose my system.  So far, so good.  I have recently started using a program called "RegCure" to find and fix errors.  It seems to work very well and has high marks from 3rd party reviewers.. Worth a look www.regcure.com

Curt:
tinyvillager; Though I have tried to use it many times (because I installed so many different programs and did not understand how to do a proper backup) System Restore has never worked for me; not even once! Today I use TotalUninstall.

If it is important to you to clean your registry   I will dare to recommend the FREE / $15 Eusing Registry Cleaner because it has proven itself to be gentle and safe to run - so safe that "we" are using it in DC member wreckedcarzz's CompuTech EasyInstall:

OK, here it is; EasyInstall.exe-wreckedcarzz (July 27, 2007, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Edit: it is of course also the one I use myself

tide:
I have used XP's system restore several times usually after some software installation messes things up quite badly. I was rather amazed that it worked but most relieved that it did work!

wraith808:
Same here.  System restore has saved my bacon too many times to count!  Even with backups, it's still a pain to get to the exact point that you are with your system.  Being able to recover without having to resort to a backup has been a lifesaver.

justice:
Adobe acrobat 8 was until shortly not compatible with vista, vista would only boot in safe mode. my printer devices were borked. With safe mode i restored vista and all has worked fine since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version