ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (5/28) > >>

jgpaiva:
Especially now that I've teased everyone. :P
-TheQwerty (January 03, 2008, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
>:( >:( Now i'm VERY curious :P

timcrews:
I have two 24" widescreen monitors.  I like to work with large full-height windows directly in front of my eyes, with smaller windows off to the sides.  This calls for a symmetrical grid, where the right and left monitor grids are mirrors of each other.

I never split my main windows horizontally, only vertically.  But my side windows (maybe call them "portlets") might be half height.

I sometimes split my screens 50/50 left-to-right, and other times 65/35.

With all of those constraints, I came up with a grid layout that provides what I want with 16 zones.  I haven't decided if I want to add zones for minimize and maximize.  The current implementation doesn't have them.

The grid works a lot like the dual-screen grid that is currently included with the base installation, except that it mirror-images the left and right monitors, and allows for a 50/50 split in addition to the 35/65 split.  (Maybe the dual-screen layout is a 30/70 split.  I can't tell exactly.)

The attached grid allows for layouts like

50/50 split full height

|--------|--------|  |--------|--------|
|        |        |  |        |        |

65/35 split full height

|-----|-----------|  |-----------|-----|
|     |           |  |           |     |

50/50 split with portlets

|--------|        |  |        |--------|

65/35 split with portlets

|-----|           |  |           |-----|

Or any combination of those.  Of course, there's nothing keeping you from using 50/50 on one monitor and 65/35 on the other, or full height portlets on one and half-height portlets on the other.

[Edit Jan 10 2008:  Improved trigger zones]

excogitation:
Hope you like my grid...
(basically 4 different templates in one - each quarter represents the whole screen)

Armando:
I like it! Very ingenious -- the screen division is cleverly done. Nice!

adax:
Hello everybody.
I have two monitors in "Extended mode". My video card does not support "Span mode".

But I want to maximize video player into both monitors (50% of view on 1st monitor and 50% on 2nd). Finally two monitors with resolution 1280 x 1024 each, should produce screen 2560 x 1024 or 2048 x 1280 (used pivot and 90° rotation).

Is it possible to do it with GridMove? If yes, could you post template, please? Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version