ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (3/28) > >>

nudone:
well, i have to say that complex grids seem like a good idea but they are counterproductive - for me anyway.

so, i've just gone back to the original suggestion i made for gridmove way back when.

i drag to the side of the screen and the window resizes to either fit either the left half or the right half. i have an 'ontop' region at the top of the screen and a 'restore' box just under it.

okay, that is probably even more minimal than what i thought i wanted originally but i definitely now think that simplicity is more useful.

the great thing about gridmove, of course, is that it can be as simple or as complex as the user wants  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
I keep using GridMove with the best grid i've made until now (or so i think), the edge grid. It's good because i can place stuff on 4 quadrants, on 2 sides (by placing it on one quadrant and then maximizing vertically) or in the middle (which is where i usually have Opera, maximized vertically).

the great thing about gridmove, of course, is that it can be as simple or as complex as the user wants  :Thmbsup:
-nudone (September 06, 2007, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, i think you're right! But i'm happy if it helps everyone to be more productive ;)

suleika:
Here's a ridiculously simple grid I use when I am travelling and googletalk is almost permanently in use.  It has a narrow column on the left for the IM conversation and the rest is one space for browser, dvd player or whatever.  The column on the left is 6th width.  It's only for one monitor.

Tyinsar:
The attached grid file is for TripleHead2Go users:

These are the grids:
._______ _______ _______
|       |       |       |
|   1   |   2   |   3   |  one for each screen (1,2,3)
|       |       |       |
'-------'-------'-------'
 _______ _______ _______
|       '       |       |
|    -  4  -    |   3   |  left + center (4)
|       '       |       |
 _______ _______ _______
|       |       '       |
|   1   |    -  5  -    |  center + right (5)
|       |       '       |
 _______ _______ _______
|   |   '       '   |   |  2 screens wide but centered (6) (windowed game?)
| 7 |   -   6   -   | 8 |
|   |   '       '   |   |  half screens on either side of the centered grid (7,8) (Skype / TeamSpeak / MSN / ... ?)

These all use [Monitor1Real...] to define actual midpoints and [Monitor1...] to define edges. This should keep the grids relative to the actual monitors while adjusting for the taskbar on any edge (on the left works best for me).

This updated version adds a narrow band at the top for maximizing a window vertically (9), a narrow band at the bottom to quickly minimize a window (10), and a target to "restore" the window to it's previous size (11) (though the success of that is inconsistent). There is also a 12th area defined but not activated.

\/ See quoted post for older (slightly simpler) version without areas 9&10 (I just found this section.)-Tyinsar (December 15, 2007, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

TheQwerty:
Some more grids, not so much working layouts as they are actual grids.

2x2, 3x3, and the 4x4s just break the monitors into grids of those sizes and covers most of the ways you could fit windows into them.  They are made for just two monitors as that's all I have.

Good Gridance is kind of a 53 zone best of from those grids but for a single monitor.

The 3x3, 4x4s, and Good Gridance can take a while to load the first time as they have a fair number of zones (the 4x4s each have 100, unfortunately that last one isn't easily accessible via keyboard).  Also, if you have the numbers turned on it gets a bit tight on the 4x4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version