ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (23/28) > >>

annajst:
that is an absolutely brilliant idea to attach previous treads !!! genius !!! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :tellme: 

macst34:

-----------------------
|        |        |        |
--------        |        |
-----------------------

To explain, the screen is in 1/3's vertically, but the first 1/3 zone (left side) is split in the middle horizontally to make four total zones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

-Sharknado (May 25, 2016, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Sharknado,

If you look closely, my previous grid macst346.grid is just an left right invert of what you requested.
Based on your suggestion I added some more zones on my current grid. It is a superset of the grid config you want.

Play with the ratios if you want exact 1/3 horizontal windows. I found I wanted my tall windows to be a little wider than my smaller windows so I used 3/8ths monitor width instead of 1/3rd for my two tall windows and the rest(1/4) for the small windows.

Trigger explanations:
Trigger zone 1 gives a combination of the two small windows (3+4) on the left of your illustration. Zone 11 is trigger of the middle tall window (5+6) and zone 9 gives you a combination (7+8) that results in a right tall window. Trigger 2 gives a huge window of 3+4+5+6.  Trigger zone 10 is undo. Trigger zone 12 maximizes to the other monitor.
The windows are configured like this according to your diagram:

-----------------------
|   3   |   5    |   7   |
-------- ------- -------       
|   4   |    6   |   8   |
-----------------------

Read the grid file. It's commented and not that tough to understand. Just remember the top left corner is (0,0) [How come no one ever mentions this to newcomers?
The + or -50s are just to make a 50 pixel bar for the extra triggers according to the reference variables.

Sharknado:

Trigger explanations:
Trigger zone 1 gives a combination of the two small windows (3+4) on the left of your illustration. Zone 11 is trigger of the middle tall window (5+6) and zone 9 gives you a combination (7+8) that results in a right tall window. Trigger 2 gives a huge window of 3+4+5+6.  Trigger zone 10 is undo. Trigger zone 12 maximizes to the other monitor.
The windows are configured like this according to your diagram:

-----------------------
|   3   |   5    |   7   |
-------- ------- -------       
|   4   |    6   |   8   |
-----------------------

Read the grid file. It's commented and not that tough to understand. Just remember the top left corner is (0,0) [How come no one ever mentions this to newcomers?
The + or -50s are just to make a 50 pixel bar for the extra triggers according to the reference variables.
-macst34 (May 27, 2016, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you very much! This works great! I appreciate the tip as well. That makes a lot more sense.

ycomp:
I suggest trying my grids I posted a few posts back, they are made for ultrawide and work quite well.. well, they are intended for the primary ultrawide and secondary boxed shape but you can easily edit the files and copy the primary twice and do some search and replace to make it a secondary monitor with the same grid. Although my ultrawide is only 2560, but i think it should work fine on a 34"

ycomp:
This post might seem a bit strange, I've been using my laptop a lot recently (fullhd screen), and use this "ultrawide.grid" I found. The thing is, I think I created it but I can't be sure..

Anyhow it is really useful to me so that's why I'm posting it.

It is hard to understand what it does from a screenshot and why it is so useful, basically the windows slinky/accordion expand when you move them around - so it makes it easy to resize two windows to many different side-by-side positions.

It should work equally well on ultrawide or regular monitors

you can also slide the window along the edges

try dragging a window in the vertical middle of the screen from left to right or right to left to see what I mean about the shrinking/expanding accordion effect

there are also full width top half and full width bottom half window zones.

as well as a "youtube" zone that positions the window in the top-left in a rectangular shape, good for watching youtube while you're doing other things

GridMove: Grids Here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version