ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (22/28) > >>

Exist2Resist:
Here is a grid I wrote for my Eyefinity setup. It's a 3x1 setup with the resolution of 5760x1200, it should work with any 3x1 resolution setup.
Mind you that the monitors have to be the same resolution, also it accounts for the task bar being on the middle monitor.
It's split in to 3 even screens and then both side monitors can also be split into halves.

ycomp:
Ultrawide Simple v1
This template will work on regular monitors of course too, it was just designed with the idea in mind that the primary would be an ultrawide monitor and that the secondary monitor is a normal "box shaped monitor"

pink shows the zones

Ultrawide Simple v2 (i.e. not so simple...)

What I use now daily is this template, it is a great improvement over version 1 (for power users), so it is not quite as simple - but still quite logical

It really gives a lot of positioning power, I have no idea how I could draw a simple diagram like I did for v1... just best to download and experiment with using it

It is almost "finished", what I mean is - it works - and works well. However, every few days I tend to add something. There is not much room in the way of target zones left for adding zones without harming the "user-experience", so I might only add 1 or 2 more things - or maybe none at all. That's what I mean... it is perfectly usable in its current form.

It is still intended for the same use case (i.e 1 or 2 monitors, the primary being ultrawide - but it still is fine for non-ultrawide) .. basically if you are a power user, try v2.. if you don't really care too much about have "finer control" over the layout, use v1

v2 also has a youtube positioning zone on primary monitor very top left that on chrome (with the bookmarks bar off), will resize the window exactly the the size that will show a video only [if theatre mode in the youtube player is off] - at least on my browser... if it doesn't work exactly for you, you can always edit that particular entries height and width of the window.

example of grid (3 screenshots in the photo)

These are 2 monitors

the sticher I used cropped some of the bottoms off, so the actual grid is a bit taller than it looks, for example the bottom left browser window should be the same height as the one above it

Fex777:
The attached grid file is for TripleHead2Go users:

These are the grids:
._______ _______ _______
|       |       |       |
|   1   |   2   |   3   |  one for each screen (1,2,3)
|       |       |       |
'-------'-------'-------'
 _______ _______ _______
|       '       |       |
|    -  4  -    |   3   |  left + center (4)
|       '       |       |
 _______ _______ _______
|       |       '       |
|   1   |    -  5  -    |  center + right (5)
|       |       '       |
 _______ _______ _______
|   |   '       '   |   |  2 screens wide but centered (6) (windowed game?)
| 7 |   -   6   -   | 8 |
|   |   '       '   |   |  half screens on either side of the centered grid (7,8) (Skype / TeamSpeak / MSN / ... ?)

-Tyinsar (December 22, 2007, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm absolutely new here, from Switzerland, sorry for my bad english.

Tyinsar with his 3 screens from 2007 helped me constructing my own grid on behalf of an ultrawide screen (resolution of 3440x1440). The included software was not properly working (Samsung).
The first three grids are perfect here, you have three A4-papers in front of you. Only change: 4, 5 und 6 are better 1/2, not 2/3, that's enough in space. 7 and 8 are a quarter then.

Thanks for all your hints.

macst34:
err...I put my grid as a separate topic by accident

Hi folks,

Gridmove is still useful in 2016 and win10.

I have a minipc attached to my TV (1920x1080) and an ultrawide screen (2560x1080).

I offset my tv screen to touch my monitor in the corner, so windows can be dragged across monitors at the lower right of the TV and the upper left of my monitor.

I put my taskbar on the right vertically to preserve height and not to make it difficult for me to drag windows.
Using the config below, I have two large areas for websites and two smaller video windows on my monitor for previewing what i send to the tv.

virtual preview

The grid has a few features. There is a topbar for the two web windows to combine as one big window. Same with the rightbar to combine both vid windows in case I want to edit a text document. There is a big undo bar at the bottom of the second web window to revert to original placement. The last bar maximizes the window to the TV.

Still modifying and I welcome suggestions.

Michael

Sharknado:
Hi all. This is a wonderful software. I work in an office that was just given 4K 34" curved monitors to work off of, and am wondering if someone may have a moment to help with a custom grid? I have tried a few things myself, and made it as close as possible, but cannot seem to get it exact:

-----------------------
|        |        |        |
--------        |        |
-----------------------

To explain, the screen is in 1/3's vertically, but the first 1/3 zone (left side) is split in the middle horizontally to make four total zones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Edit: I am using this grid on monitor 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version