ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (14/28) > >>

xiperware:
Just discovered GridMove, great program!

I couldn't find any grids that did what i want, so i created my own.

xipergrid1 - trigger zones

It is a generic grid that allows all possible combinations of 1/3 - 1/2 - 2/3 in both height & width with an intuitive trigger layout - works best with Show Grid turned off. This means you can have many different layouts such as:

It's actually generated from a small throwaway script (attached) so it's easy to tweak without manually editing all 1600 lines. Currently supports two monitors - you can edit the script and add more if needed.

Cheers,
- xiper

jgpaiva:
xiperware: Incredible work, that looks amazing!
I think I'll include that in the next release of GridMove, is that ok with you?

xiperware:
xiperware: Incredible work, that looks amazing!
I think I'll include that in the next release of GridMove, is that ok with you?
-jgpaiva (October 14, 2009, 04:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
No probs, go for it.

SweVictor:
Hi all!

After the last update of GridMove from jgpaiva making this possible I thought I'd share my first grid. The grid basically divides the screen in a 2x2 grid and also has one bonus grid for a middle main window with one or two sidebars around it.

But - what is more interesting is the maximize and stretch controls around the edge of the screen. Try them out and please tell what you think! Basically they all modify an existing window's size without moving it. The way I think that maximize and stretch controls should work!

Edit: As jgpaiva kindly reminded my I kinda missed one thing... To actually attach the grid :D   I actually thought about attaching an image of it but decided not to... I didnt think about the actual file though  :-[

/Victor

cmglee:
Thank you, jgpaiva, for a fantastic application -- I can't live without it now  ;)  Keep up the good work!

In case anyone is interested, I made this grid with these features:

1. All combinations of 2 columns x 2 rows and 3 columns x 2 rows.

2. 2-monitor support (add 30 to trigger codes for 2nd monitor).

3. Trigger codes corresponding to numeric keypad key positions.

4. Most popular standard sizes according to http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/ (1024x768 [trigger 40], 1280x1024 [50], 1440x900 [10] and 1680x1050 [20]) for Web development.

5a. 2-column windows vertically inset by 1 pixel so that 3-column windows can be focused by moving the mouse pointer to the left/right screen edge and clicking.
5b. 3-column windows horizontally inset by 1 pixel so that 2-column windows can be focused by moving the mouse pointer to the top/bottom screen edge and clicking.

I find feature #5 really useful as I can use muscle memory and needn't depend on the taskbar (and Alt+Tab) to select windows.

P.S. Is that a way to label the trigger areas with descriptions when the grid is shown, similar to "On Top" and "Undo"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version