ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove: Grids Here

<< < (21/28) > >>

mouser:
Nice, thanks for sharing and welcome to the site mr loot.  :up:

theloot123:
This is an 8x8 grid.
Main Feature: Mousedriven sizing and position options with a single drag and drop action for each window
see attached sample.

The triggers (1243) represent about 90% of all the sizes and positions that a grid of this resolution should achieve assuming that a window will either be a corner window, left/right-top/bottom border window or centric (not touching edges). Each type has it's group of triggers.

Using this method could give all the size/positions combinations if the triggers held together above 1249. But that makes it  more fun to tinker with.

I use this on a 42in 4k monitor and it's a must have for me. Make take a few tries to get used to.

Will build a 9x7 grid soon as the odd numbers are more natural to centering using a different trigger configuration
Hope this helps.

numlauf:
I cannot believe it is so hard to find a good window snap for a 4k monitor!
I tried a few different snapping software and found gridmove is the most simple and customisable solution.
Windows 10 beta offers a better window snapping than 7 & 8 but its still not perfect.

I use a 4k 50" monitor primarily for programming and defiantly need the real-estate so i made my own simple custom grid and could not live without it! this layout aught to be integrated into every snapping software and even windows 10.

*'s represent triggers

corner triggers snap windows to a corners like the windows 8 corner snapping
|           |            |
|---------|----------|

left and right Edge Triggers snap the windows just like aero snap

The top has 4 triggers to snap windows verticaly (nice for programing!)
|     |     |     |     |

all other spaces trigger into a 2x4 grid
|***|***|*** |***|
|***|***|*** |***|
| ---| --- | ---| --- |  
|***|***|*** |***|
|***|***|*** |***|
before using a 4k monitor I found my self using edge snap for everything... internet browsing, file exploring, and programming
So i and many others are used to living in half a 1080 monitor. the 2x4 grid allows me to use my 4k monitor like 4 monitors each having two halfs.

attached is a quick sample of what can be done in about 3 seconds

this firsts monitor is fully functional monitor 2 and 3 only have 2x2 grids

theloot123:
9x7 Mouse driven grid and all the combinations

this simplified trigger layout method is ironically the most effective at attaining all the possible positions/sizes with triggers. It's easy to put together any multi window layout in seconds like those in the attached pics.

The triggers stop rendering at 1249 but the "invisible" triggers still work.

First load takes ~12 seconds

Suitable for a UHD Monitor.

xjamms:
9x7 Mouse driven grid and all the combinations {...}
-theloot123 (May 16, 2015, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Loving this grid. I am also happy to see more grids being posted. I have generally used hotkeys to trigger gridmove, but you're right about moving the windows with a mouse feeling very natural using these grids. After a few minutes of playing around with it, I'm comfortable trying them out for a few days.

and all this talk of huge 4k monitors is making me jealous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version