ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Farr Alias: nircmd alias

<< < (5/5)

davidma22:
Okay here's how to add it so that it shows up when you type CMD. In the list of NirCMD aliases, edit CMD. Down at the bottom, add this line.

Hibernate Computer | restartsearch Hibernate /ICON=nircmd_icons\Standby.ico

After that it will show up and run if you type CMD first. But like I said, it's much quicker just to type the alias name rather than type CMD first.

tomos:
Okay here's how to add it so that it shows up when you type CMD. In the list of NirCMD aliases, edit CMD. Down at the bottom, add this line.

Hibernate Computer | restartsearch Hibernate /ICON=nircmd_icons\Standby.ico

After that it will show up and run if you type CMD first. But like I said, it's much quicker just to type the alias name rather than type CMD first.
-davidma22 (May 30, 2008, 06:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

got that, thanks :up:

delwoode:
why all the files in the zipped folder?
apart from the nircmd.exe  there were 4 alias files
nircmd.alias
nircmd.alias~
nircmd.alias.bak
nircmd.alias.bak~
do I need all these?
also my antimalware program didnt like nircmdc.exe and removed it but it thought nircmd.exe was fine

jgpaiva:
You're right, delwoode. I have removed the superfluous files, and removed the nircmdc.exe file (which wasn't being used anyway).

koro:
For those of you having problems with hibernate instead of suspend, I'd like to point out that you don't need nircmd to do this.
You can just create a new shortcut called "hibernate" and place it anywhere in the search path of FARR.
The command to be executed by the shortcut is the following:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate

For other options, you can create shortcuts like this:

For Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
For Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
For Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
For Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version