ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Farr Alias: nircmd alias

<< < (3/5) > >>

nitrix-ud:
it is not a plugin per se
it is only an alias ;)

mouser:
it seems to be missing a command to put the computer in Hibernate (which I use far more often.) Is there any way for me to add that myself?
--- End quote ---

Yes.

This alias pack uses the commandline tool NirCmd from Nirsoft.
That tool does have support for sending the computer into hibernate mode.

So, all you need to do is add a new alias to the pack which calls NirCmd with commandline parameter to hibernate.

See if you can figure out how to do that yourself, since it would be a good learning experience -- if you can't, come back and we will help.

(ps. one way to make your life easier is to move the alias pack from the AliasGroups/Installed to AliasGroups/MyCustom while you edit it since that will allow you to edit it from within FARR).

And if you figure it out, please share it so we can add the new hibernation alias to the official alias pack.  :Thmbsup:

davidma22:
I did it!  ;D

Not exactly sure what the format for this should be, so I'll just copy/paste what I did. I copied the line for Standby, changed the right places so they said hibernate, used the same image (since windows uses the same one, it's just a slightly darker color), and changed the windows cmd command to Hibernate. Simple enough. (Tested it too, just in case. It works fine.) Thanks for the help and the push Mouser.

EDIT: Forgot to say what I named the Alias, but I guess people can name it whatever they want. Personally I prefer using "Sleep" since it's shorter and easier to type than "Hibernate".

Hibernate Computer | %ALIASDIR%nircmd.exe qboxcom "Do you want to Hibernate the computer?" "question" Hibernate /ICON=nircmd_icons\Standby.ico

mouser:
good work and welcome to the FARR customization club  :up:

davidma22:
Thanks. Another question for ya. I added an alias that uses nircmd's emptybin function to empty my recycling bin, but I can't find the recycling bin image on my computer anywhere... any idea where I would look for that? Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version