topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: new PC options:-  (Read 26160 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: new PC options:-
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Anyway, hope the system is going to suit your needs - apparently you won't be assembling it yourself, otherwise I'd have ordered :D you to take pictures of the process.
You'll probably get a picture anyways  :P  "the proud owner wit his nice new black puter"

EDIT: I almost forgot. Don't forget about loading that thing with fans (I remember you said you were going to do it, but just as a reminder ;) ). Passive cards can get VERY hot, although Asus had some really good passive models, that got lower temps than actively cooled ones.
ehh, I might be posting again at that stage...
the box (case? what's the english name?!) Coolermaster Centurion 5 Midi-Tower (CAC-T05) their website is flash - taking ages to load. Now it cant find it's own products  :huh:
Anyways it has    "1*80x80x20 Lüfter hinten (fan in back) 1*120x120x25 Lüfter vorne (fan in front)
Customer reviews at a site here say its good & cool (both ways!) & even "relatively quiet" -
is there ways of testing/keeping track of temperature of things in computer? (I downloaded speedfan lately but havent used it - will look at their site..)

looks like a good computer, congratulations  :up:
cheers!
Tom

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 10:55 AM »
The Coolermaster Centurion 5 is a staple in cases. It's one of the most recommended in the hardware sites, for its price and good results. It's not the best, but it's quite good on its own.

Almost any hardware inventory software will tell the temps inside your computer. That depends on the sensors that come with the motherboard more than the software used, although you'll probably had to do some registry tweaking to get some temps reading from the graphic card. And the CD with the motherboard's drivers will carry MSI's own software for temps reading, overclocking, fan speed adjusting, etc. They use a GUI ugly as hell, very graphical indeed, so use SpeedFan, Everest Ultimate or whatever you fancy.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 05:06 AM »
Remember to use 120mm fans when you're stuffing fans in the casing... smaller fans make too much noise.
- carpe noctem