ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

SendMessage Plug-in

<< < (2/5) > >>

TucknDar:
this could definitely be incredibly useful. Thanks Ehtyar!

Lashiec:
Hmm, controlling foobar2000 via FARR :D... but no XMPlay :(

Anyway, :-*

Ehtyar:
Lashiec, i know, incredibly depressing, i use xmplay for all my music. Ironic that i should develop this plug-in, and it should not work for my own player. If you have seen any application at all that can control xmplay, i'd be more than happy to do a little reverse engineering and see what i can do :)
Also thanks to nitrix and TucknDar :)

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
Umm, the only thing I can think about is setting up some keys in XMPlay as 'Global' shortcuts, and then make the plugin mimic those hotkeys to control the actions. I think it's possible but extremely hackyish (not very elegant, isn't it?). XMPlay can communicate its status to outside applications, just like it's been done with the various 'Now playing' plugins available, but not the other way around AFAIK, unless you talk to Ian to see if there's any solution.

Ehtyar:
Ian seems to be particularly inflexible i find when asked to modify his programs. I thought of the global shortcut thing myself, which is not difficult, but as you said extremely hackish, and probably not worth it given the number of users that would be confused about how it is supposed to work. However, i guess asking Ian for some help in this case would not be a bad idea, ill have a poke around on the un4seen forums and if i find nothing, ill give it a go.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version