ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Create a containing folder by right clicking on a file

<< < (22/27) > >>

ak_:
lanux> yes, i thought about splitting the first digit too, but take The Simpsons -> double digit :) I'll find a way.

Version numbering, yes, i'll do that from now on.

TheBigGuy:
Hi ak_

Thanks for incorporating my suggestion into FileNanny. The updated program does move multiple files with same name/dif extension to the newly created folder. However, at first I didn't think it was working, as it seems to work differently than the original version. When I select the file(s) with the new version and select filenany through the right context menu nothing initially happens. At first I thought the updated program wasn't working at all, later I returned to the folder that I had run FileNanny in and the folders had been created and the files moved. It seems that I must select refresh within windows explorer for the changes to occur. With the prior version the changes were made immediately after selecting the FileNanny option. With the new version on my system the changes only occur after refreshing the folder view. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this behavior.

Thanks for the revision, I just thought I'd let you know about this behavior on my system.

ak_:
Hi TheBigGuy, i'm glad you like the update. About this refreshing thing, i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my code, since i don't control the window display.

nogojoe:
However, at first I didn't think it changes were made immediately after selecting the FileNanny option. With the new version on my system the changes only occur after refreshing the folder view. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this behavior.

Thanks for the revision, I just thought I'd let you know about this behavior on my system.
-TheBigGuy (November 06, 2008, 04:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had that same problem yesterday I didn't think the new version was working 100% right but it did create the folders after a while I don't what made it work but I can only hazard a +guess.
 TheBigGuy you are right, however after booting up this morning and seeing your post I tried filemannying three desktop shortcuts on the desktop worked 100% ok.

So after removing the shortcuts from the folders and deleting the folders tried filenannying the same shortcuts again didn't work !!!    tried the F5 refresh and strangely it worked.

I'm saying strange because the shortcuts were still there visible on the desktop however folders with their names had been created.
So I opened one of those newly created folders and found that another folder was inside with the shortcuts name plus filenanny   as its name.    ie:  1st folder named "tabslock" 2nd folder named "tabslock filenanny"  and strangely the shortcut was inside that folder.

I'm running XP SP3

nogojoe

ak_:
Again, i think i can't do anything about the non-refreshing windows. I even tried to recreate the problem by using Windows Explorer instead of Freecommander and everything worked fine.

About the folder.FileNanny, that is clearly my mistake. Let me explain : if you try to FileNanny a file without extension, then the program will create a folder with the exact same name, which would be confusing. That's why i first create a "name.FileNanny" folder, move the files and then remove the ".FileNanny" from the folder name. The bug you mentionned happens because the folder to be created is already created, so FileNanny treats it like a file and then messes up.

Anyway, i'll fix this, thanks for pointing it out :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version