ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Create a containing folder by right clicking on a file

<< < (20/27) > >>

lanux128:
ak_: i'm using your SubDude program all the time! go ahead and accept mouser's offer of a DCmember webspace. :Thmbsup:

nogojoe:
kartal> At the time, it doesn't work with multiple files. What are you thinking about, putting each selected file in a unique folder or putting all selected files in the same folder ? The first behaviour seems the more appropriate to me and it's a shame it doesn't work already :) I'll look into this.
-ak_ (November 04, 2008, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think it does work with multiple files when you use the send to option on the right click context menu. it puts the files into separate folders.
from memory I don't think it works with the "Filenanny this" option in the rightclick context menu, which by its name suggest single file.

Would it be possble to add option to archive the file onced filenannied to an archive folder of ones own choice.

nogojoe

TheBigGuy:
TheBigGuy> glad you like FileNanny :) If by "related files" you mean "files with the same name, extension excepted", then it should be a very simple feature to add.

-ak_ (November 04, 2008, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi ak_

You are definitely have good karma for working so hard on these usefull tools for others. One day I hope to be able to do the same myself. Unfortunately I think that day is far in the future, but I can still dream.

Yes, the feature I was talking about adding was for sending all files with the same name (excepting different extensions) to the same folder. I thought this feature might be an easy one to add, and if you could, it would make this an even more useful tool. I already appreciate the time and effort you have put into this. Further improvements will make this an unbelievable time saver.

BTW, you definitely deserve your own page to showcase the great tools you have developed. Many, thanks.

ak_:
Lanux> i'm using Subdude everyday too :) I'm thinking of a new version, with better season/episode recognition, but it's tough because there are so many different patterns (the "401,402,403" being the more problematic).

nogojoe> can you explain your request please ? I'm sorry, i didn't get it :)

TheBigGuy> good karma ? Cool !

Ok i'll add the multiple files thing to the todo list.

--- ---One day I hope to be able to do the same myself. Unfortunately I think that day is far in the future, but I can still dream. About that... Autohotkey is an easy language (with a weird syntax) and you can find very good documentation and help on the internet. I'm really not a programmer but i make little tools with autohotkey so there's no reason you couldn't :)

TheBigGuy:
Thanks for adding my suggestion to your list of improvements. Thanks also, for the words of encouragement. I've only written very simple batch scripts before, usually using a similar example to copy from. Perhaps it's time to get involved with my 12 year old son and get him motivated to learn with me.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version