ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is this the holy grail to solving windows-out-of-resources bugs?

<< < (5/8) > >>

mrainey:
I have a total of eight years of intensive work with NT4 and XP, and I've never seen the problem.   Like others have said, it was easy to cause on 98.

Who can figure computers?

app103:
I have a total of eight years of intensive work with NT4 and XP, and I've never seen the problem.   Like others have said, it was easy to cause on 98.

Who can figure computers?
-mrainey (July 29, 2007, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe only people that always have 90+ processes running and multiple browser windows with lots of tabs open in each, have this problem. (that would be me)

Or maybe only people with NEC (Negative Electrostatic Charisma).  :P

Nighted:
I've tried this fix and must say it's made a big difference. The problem seems to be history since the tweak.  :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
Yes this is working for me too, though I had to increase my desktop heap by 2096 to get my system stable (I initially went the conservative route and added Ed Bott's suggested 1024 but experienced the problem again later in the day). I've been trouble free for a week, knock on wood.

alxwz:
As an update: No, the XP fix did not solve my problem.
I ran into the display issues again, yesterday. When I had a look around task manager, I noticed that explorer.exe was using 10,000 (!) GDI objects. Killing explorer.exe and restarting it (I didn't feel like shutting down the machine w/ two dozen documents open) did help. 
Now I wonder how the number of GDI objects could go up that far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version