ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Converting DRM protected music files: software recommendations

<< < (3/7) > >>

Pupsik:
I have a need to convert some DRM protected music files that I purchased absolutely legally. However, I need to have them convert to an MP3 format so I can play them on my CD player, Treo, and IPod shuffle.
-cnewtonne (July 24, 2007, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used TuneBite software. But my PC was running heavily - I glanced at TaskManager and realized that Tunebite eat 300 Megas of my RAM when was left idle for two days - be carefull with this programs - it has huge memory leaks! At least you have to reboot it from time to time.

When you legally download music from services such as iTunes and Musicmatch Jukebox, the files are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). This prevents you from playing the music on unsupported players. I use MelodyCan software (http://www.convert-any-media.com/index.php) to remove protection. But remember distributing these files is illegal.

Curt:
Today's giveawayoftheday is first of all a DRM remover and only then a converter:

November 20, 2008:

Daniusoft Digital Media Converter is a powerful media converter that supports both DRM media and normal media. It helps you convert DRM media: WMA, WMV, ASF and other video/audio: WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, WAV, MP3, WMV, ASF to MP3, WAV, AAC, MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, etc. With this all-in-one media converter, you can easily remove DRM and convert popular video/audio to many players such as iPod, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen, Archos, Mobile Phone, etc.
--- End quote ---

If you grab it, it will be senseless not to take the $9 upgrade-to-PRO offer at the same time (during installation) - I literally use the PRO version every day, it is really worth this price!

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/digital-media-converter/
+ upgrade link: https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?s=46921&p=46921-DDMCP01&v=5&d=0&q=1

Darwin:
For Windows Media Player and mp3 files, I've had good experiences using MUVaudio. I've used Total Recorder and Noteburner with iTunes files...

Note - just noticed Curt's post about Daniusoft Converter - definitely worth a look at that price!

BigJim:
Thanks for the tip! To cut to the bottom line (mine anyway) will it remove the protection from my legally bought and paid for iTunes AAC files so that I can convert them to MP3 without having to re-record (e.g. with Total Recorder or similar)? And, does the upgrade to Pro free you from the usual Giveaway Of The Day constraints of never being able to upgrade and/or reinstall the application?

Thanks for saving me a lot of digging around. So often these things lull you into thinking that they say what you want them to say and you have to read between the lines to find what it really says. Trusted personal recommend - such as you guys -is the best evidence!

Darwin:
Sorry BigJim - can't answer  your questions as I've never tried Daniusoft Converter. My gut tells me that once you pay the $9 upgrade to Pro fee, you should be free of the Giveawayoftheday "curse"! If you're converting iTunes files, look at Noteburner. It installs a virtual CD drive that you can burn to right out of the iTunes interface. It automates the whole process ("burns" to the virtual drive and then re-rips the "burned" CD). If you're on a budge, I'd look into the feasibility of using a free Virtual CD drive to create a disk on your harddrive, mount it in WMP or iTunes and re-rip it. I don't see why this shouldn't be possible, but I'm just the ideas man! (wish I'd thought of it before splashing out for Noteburner - though I only paid $19 for it...)  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version