ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

45 best Freeware Design programs

<< < (2/3) > >>

kartal:
Thanks for the colorpicker tip. That is exactly what I needed

NudoNicely laid out. Here are a few programs that are far superior to those listed in the article (imo).

Examples:

Screen Ruler: PMeter
Font Viewer: Font Xplorer
Colour Picker: Color Cop
Screen Capture: Cropper or ScreenshotCaptor

-Nighted (July 24, 2007, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
ne

J-Mac:
Wow, that IS some list!

Very much appreciated!   :D

Jim

fhayes:
For making measurements on the screen and getting sizes of things I really like Meazure 2.0.  Lots of features and customizable, I use the angle measure tool a lot.  Much more versatile than Pmeter or Jruler.

http://www.cthing.com/Meazure.asp

TucknDar:
nice tip fhayes. thanks :up:

Renegade:
Interesting. I'll be bookmarking that as well.

One thing that still freaks me out >>> How in hades does Google manage to have such a crappy page for it's products that tell me virtually nothing about it and make it miserably difficult? For a company with so much great stuff, I just don't get that.

Maybe I'm just being a bit cranky, but is it too much to ask for a screenshot?

I'm referring to this here. The Pro version is $500, but still doesn't have a screenshot that's in any way obvious.

Yes... If a software page doesn't have a screenshot, I figure that the author is probably too dumb to bother with. I'm a bigot. I discriminate against authors that make life difficult for me.

The answer to, "There is one there," is that it's an output screenshot. Which is equivalent to Digidesign not putting a software screenshot up, but rather saying, "Listen to any top 10 album." Digidesign is on a bit better footing there. ;)

I'm certainly more forgiving of the small guys, but I'd hope that the major vendors can get it right.

Tell me to shut up if I'm just being cranky...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version