ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

How to punish DonationCoder if you are angry at being nagged to donate

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
Let's say you are a user of some of our software and feel yourself reluctantly giving up and making a donation in order to get member benefits and lifetime license key, but still feel angry about it. 

Here is a guide how to get your revenge:

* Make a donation of 1 cent.  Actually any donation less than 25 cents will go entirely to paypal and we don't see a penny.  You still get full lifetime member benefits for this donation.
* Although this will cost me a little bit of my time sending you a thank you email, it doesnt actually lose us any money, that's where the next step comes in.
* Once you have activated your supporting member account, go to the silly member kit request page and request a member kit by snail mail.  If you live in the US, make up an address in a foreign country and it will cost us $1 to $2 including shipping  (don't bother trying to calculate most expensive country to ship to as i just slap on random air mail postage stamps and post office doesn't seem to care).
* So there you have it, a fool proof way to make DC suffer a $1 to $2 loss on your donation, while you are out only 1 penny.
* Caveat: We still enjoy it whenever anyone donates and get happy whenever we think someone wants a member kit, so this technique is not good for inducing mental anguish, only financial ruination.
Note: These instructions are described for fun -- i'm not being sarcastic in an attempt to complain about people who do this -- i don't pay the slightest attention to who donates how much and i have no idea when i send out a member kit how much a person has donated, and i couldn't care less.

justice:
Don't forget to host all your personal/shared files as forum post attachments to increase your bandwidth bill too.

jgpaiva:
don't bother trying to calculate most expensive country to ship to as i just slap on random air mail postage stamps and post office doesn't seem to care-mouser (July 24, 2007, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

Second caveat: if someone would choose a foreign country like Nepal, it'd probably make us happy for knowing that someone in such a country liked us enought to go through the enormous effort of donating ;)

f0dder:
 :-*

nudone:
this sounds like it could be a whole new paradigm in software pricing. it's beyond donationware - it's more like revengeware or psychopathware (insert better *****ware here).

yet again, donationcoder proves to be the first in pioneering software, pricing and distribution methods.

excellent, mouser :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version