ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

How to punish DonationCoder if you are angry at being nagged to donate

<< < (3/8) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Man, I thought when I joined donating $5 was kinda...cheap...(it was all I had, though :P) but 1 cent??? :o

Josh:
I want my member kit sent to:

Mr. Fal S. Don8
123 Fake Circle
Tokyo, Japan A4E F1S

Deozaan:
Man, I thought when I joined donating $5 was kinda...cheap...(it was all I had, though :P) but 1 cent??? :o
-wreckedcarzz (July 24, 2007, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I joined the site money was tight (when isn't it?) and I was debating on donating about $15. Then the guidelines for how much to donate made me feel justified in being a cheapskate and I ended up donating something small, like $5. But a problem with my bank (overdraft I think, I told you money was tight!) caused the transaction to be refunded a few days later. I informed Mouser and he said not to worry about it. So my immediate lifetime membership was actually free! That says so much about Mouser and his intent about doing this for the money. In other words, he isn't doing this for the money!

I have donated successfully since that first time, and to be honest I haven't taken advantage of most of the member benefits like discounted software or the membership kit, but being a part of this community has repaid my relatively small donations more than ten-fold, both literally and figuratively!

I have never donated to any other site or independent software developer because frankly I haven't found that it was worth my money. But there's something different about this site and I feel that every penny I've spent here has been worth more to me than to anyone else I may have sent it out to via DonationCredits.

justice:
Well for me it does work because I found the unique model on this site not just made me donate a multiple of my first donation a few months on, it also changed my whole outlook on the existence of small software authors.

Really, the face of software has always been so homogenic and inpersonal (on the windows platform)! This site has really shown how many small authors are around who should be rewarded. And how much software I use is actually donationware, I mean Irfanview - I never noticed a paypal button, but now I know about it and will at least consider donating (and probably will). And it shows at what low prices some software is sold at: buying a 15-25 dollar copy of a piece of software and get a personal thank you from Gareth in New York, with two kids and a dog! It's just great to be able to support these people in the work that they love doing.

So really for me personally donationcoder makes software personal, which is a huge job and therefore a big thanks to mouser and the community here.

icekin:
I donated as a thank you to the excellent forums and community information rather than the programs itself. Reading the forums is what I have mostly benefitted from. In fact, I don't use any of the programs here regularly though I try them out whenever new versions are released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version