ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maxthon 2 Released

<< < (2/7) > >>

nudone:
i'll stick with maxthon 1.6.1

lets me use and arrange all the toolbars and buttons that i want. loads in faster than opera and firefox and just seems to have things worked out better. no doubt i could find plugins for firefox that would provide the same functionality (and more) but why bother when it will still load in slower - plus i'll have to spend all that time looking and testing the plugins. (load times are important to me because i do a lot of opening and closing; maybe that's a bad habit.)

okay, my web pages are rendered crap because of the ie engine - but not very often. perhaps i'll give maxthon 2 a try again but the beta didn't do it for me - simply depends on how much i can customise the layout...

wreckedcarzz:
I have been testing Maxthon 2's beta releases, and today got the final, and it is a huge step up. I may swap from Firefox to Maxthon, as I really like it now. :)

No one browser owns my computer, though (yet...)

Nomadin:
The final is a HUGE improvement over the betas.  I am thrilled with it.  I have move to Maxthon as my main browser, although I still have Opera and Firefox installed.  It feels nearly as responsive as Opera and that is a great compliment.

f0dder:
With the complexity that composes any modern browser, I'm surprised we're not charged for them.
-zridling
--- End quote ---
It uses the IE engine, so it's not as big a task as writing a browser completely from scratch

I used to use the Avant browser back in my IE days, liked it better than Maxthon. But because of the security issues with IE (yes, i was bitten by it, not from any suspicious site but probably a compromised banner ad server, and yes with a fully patched windows), I've been sticking with FireFox ever since (probably as full of security holes as any software, but still not as widely exploited as IE).

Opera? Sure, if it was a bit more stable and rendered more things as intended, and had plugin support.

cnewtonne:
there is something weird about M2 and it may be just me. Normally when you switch pages in a browser, you go from current page to the new one. With M2, there is this annoying blank gray page that appears in the middle. I was browsing Treocentral today and this gray page kept interceding all the time. WHY?

It does not take a lot of usage to see how slow and sluggish M2 is and has been since I tested its first beta. I hate to say this. I'm in no way under-estimating the hundreds of man hours that went into developing it, but I can not help it when I see it performing this bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version