ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XP or Vista user — take the poll!

<< < (17/29) > >>

quantumrider:
XP here, and I don't plan to go to Vista, my daughter has Vista on her Dell, Vista is cute to look at for 5 minutes, that's about it, I'd rather go with Linux in a few years, I already am using openoffice, gimp and other open source apps, so eventually in a few years a transition to Linux should be painless.

artkaye:
Thanks, zridling for the reference to the ComputerWorld article.

I have a P4 2.4GHz machine and would have to upgrade  memory to spruce up for these enhancements.
I surely will stick to XP for the until ...........!

My experience with a friend's new laptop with Vista installed did not impress me. It was S----L---Ooooooooooooo ----W.

Josh:
BTW, there are two new performance patches for vista which greatly improve responsiveness with vista and alot of its functionality. See the following patches on the MS website

KB938194
KB938979

Darwin:
I'm still kicking myself for returning the Toshiba notebook that I bought right before Christmas 2006 - it had a 1.8 Ghz dual core processor (in the 5000 series), 256MB dedicated Graphics memory, 2GB RAM and a 200GB harddrive wth XP Media Centre installed. It was like greased lightning, even installing and running PaintShop Pro XI and Star Office 8 concurrently - every program in Star Office was running whille PSP was open and actively editing a picture, which were the two packages I shoved onto it to test out the processor. That impressed me. Sweet, sweet, sweet... Now I doubt I'd be able to get XP preinstalled when I buy my next computer.

I returned it because I had buyer's remorse and couldn't justify the expense (my current notebook runs fine, though I love to complain about it! Actually, so does my seven year P-IIIE notebook running Win2k...).

dspelley:
My employer provides my desktop, home box, and laptop - all with XP SP2. I work in a pretty conservative industry with some big enterprise systems - so our IT folks do a lot of testing before making changes. I don't think I've ever seen anything on our systems that hadn't already seen a couple of service packs before being impemented.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version