ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XP or Vista user — take the poll!

<< < (13/29) > >>

justice:
if they let you choose competing products then it's not a lockin, surely? You can buy competing products for dell computers but not from the dell store. Same thing?

moerl:
Happy Vista user here :)

wreckedcarzz:
I voted a couple days ago and forgot to comment - :o

I am happily running Vista on 3/4 of my computers, and I really don't see why (except for hardware issues) not to upgrade. You can upgrade from XP Home to Vista Home Basic for practically nothing, and if your a student (anywhere) you can get Home Premium (upgrade) for $90. And its not really bloated, either (a lot easier to use, too) :)

Unless of course an app you use hasn't converted yet...there really isn't any reason not to.

I am still unsure about the debate on 95 vs Vista - what one is better though. :-* Windows 95 :-*

Mandork:
The main thrust of MS these days seems to be to make money and to placate the music and video industries (ie. make it harder to actually use products you have purchased). The rest of Windows development seems more aimed at eyecandy and anti piracy - non of which really helps or encourage the legitimate user.
-Carol Haynes (August 01, 2007, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which is why I'm sticking with XP until I am in a position to move to Linux.  It's not perfect either, I'm sure, but from a sort of "consumer politics" point of view I'd like to encourage the open source underdogs.  I don't appreciate being treated like a criminal when I am a legitimate paying customer, and as far as I can tell Windows "eye candy" is often annoying and just makes everything run slowly on run-of-the-mill PCs.

f0dder:
Unless of course an app you use hasn't converted yet...there really isn't any reason not to.
-wreckedcarzz
--- End quote ---
Give me a reason in favor of upgrading? I don't see any reason to. Vista or Linux or Mac OS X? dunno if one disease is better than the others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version