ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XP or Vista user — take the poll!

<< < (3/29) > >>

mouser:
I'm still mainly using xp, though i have vista installed on a backup pc.
I'll stick with xp for a while but i expect i'll be moving to vista in a year or so.

Lashiec:
Ssshhh! App, don't give Microsoft ideas! ;)

XP here as well. I just moved from 98 SE a month ago or so, and I'm still exploring XP. I don't have any desire to put Vista yet, and I don't know if I hold on 'til Windows 7, that depends on RAM cost in the future.

laughinglizard:
I've been using Vista for a while. Oddly enough, I like it.  :o

From the Windows versions I've used (3.1 through the 9x core to XP to Vista) I think Vista is the most well executed.

If I used my computer for work or production I don't think I would switch.

laughinglizard:
whatever, i would assume there'll be some funky ways of using virtual operating systems by then so things might be a bit blurry.
--- End quote ---

Lots of dual booting XP/Vista going on, and since Microsoft released Virtual PC for free a lot of people are running XP inside Vista using Virtual PC.
You need a legit copy of XP to install it.

Josh:
I am running vista, and I love it. I hear people bad mouthing it left and right, but the only problems I SEE are from application developers not updating their programs to store settings the proper way. With vista, permissions and settings are stored in the users appdata folder (%APPDATA%) as opposed to program files. Microsoft finally realized that programs, after install, should not require any further access to that folder besides to launch the program. If a program requires global settings, that is what the DEFAULT user folder is for.

Vista is fast, smooth and I havent had many problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version