ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

a honest review from someone who went full-time mac and came back to windows

(1/5) > >>

urlwolf:
http://www.nobodylikesonions.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6140
I'll start at the beginning. Thirty days ago I bought a 15" Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa). I have been interested in learning the Mac OS for awhile, and the only way I could really do it would be forcing myself to use it on a daily basis. So I sold my 17" Dell Inspiron e1705 and went all Mac.

I still use PC's on a daily basis at work and to run certain aspects of my life, such as recording my podcast, running my webserver, etc.

The following is a real-life, honest listing of likes and dislikes comparing Windows Vista to Mac OS X.
--- End quote ---

jgpaiva:
Thanks, good reading! :)

Ehtyar:
Indeed, finally some competition for those f**king stupid mac vs pc ads.

Ehtyar.

alxwz:
Sorry, but the only "f**king stupid" thing here is the freak that posted this "review".
Obviously, this guy only bought (if that's really true, I doubt it) a Mac to have his bias confirmed.
Take, for example the complaint that "the delete key does not work like a delete key but like a backspace key". That's because it IS a backspace key.
What a dumb*ss.
There are a lot of valid points to critizise Macs, but he missed most of them.
This j*rk clearly wasn't able to deal with something that's just different.
(And, yes, although I have a Mac, I also hate that the interface is mainly geared towards computer illiterates. But that's the very same direction that MS tries increasingly to imitate very hard.)

Riverrun:
Hi Folks, can't read the review; the page is down at the moment.  I must say that I use both Windows and Mac.  I suppose I have to say that I think the Mac is a far more stable environment to work in.  With windows, I'm always having to watch my back, esp. on the net.  Mac makes for a more relaxed browsing experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version