ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Real time video mixer software needed

(1/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
I am looking for a program that I could select several video sources (webcam, portion of my desktop, video clips, etc.) and I could combine those sources into one. For example, I could put my webcam as one source, and then put a video in a small window on top of that (like picture in picture on a tv), or I could fade from one source to another. One example of this is medialooks video mixer, but I am not paying $500 for this, so I was wondering if someone could show me an alternative that is hopefully freeware, or not as expensive.
I would like to be able to select this program as an input in another program (eg. use it as my webcam source in msn), or record to an avi video.

justice:
look for veejay / video jockey / vj software.
I'm sure there's stuff available for free or little cost and it aims to do just that. I don't know what are the good choices in this software but it should get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VJ_Software for example.

Carol Haynes:
Not sure what is around for free - but generally you seem to get what you pay for in the video world.

One program that can do all you require very well and easily (and isn't ridiculously expensive) is Sony Vegas Movie Studio ($80) which is the cut down home user version of the full blown Vegas software. Note that it also includes DVD Architect studio which is excellent DVD Authoring software (the home version of the full DVD Architect).

There is a trial download here

There is also a platinum version. See the product comparison page here

nite_monkey:
I kind of decided to go a different route. All I need is either a webcam program that strictly lets me choose my video source and shows just the webcam, and not the menu area (the titlebar, the file, edit, etc area) that I can resize, or a program that will let me hide the title bar, and the file, edit, etc. area of a program of my choosing. I hope that isn't too confusing.

cmpm:
Have you tried Windows Movie Maker?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version