ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Auto-Tile open windows.

<< < (4/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
What does the js file do anyway?
-thefritz_j (July 26, 2007, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
The js file is what actually tiles the windows. As ahk doesn't have any code for this, and it'd be quite a pain to code, i used some "help" ;)

Glad to know it's working for you, fritz :)

justice:
download windows scripting host 5.6 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA
This download installs Microsoft® Windows® Script containing Visual Basic® Script Edition (VBScript.) Version 5.6, JScript® Version 5.6, Windows Script Components, Windows Script Host 5.6, and Windows Script Runtime Version 5.6.
--- End quote ---

nite_monkey:
Thanks justice, I downloaded that, and now I don't get the error.

thefritz_j:
Joy! I'm lovin' it!  :Thmbsup:

(As a side note prior to trying this I was using the lifehack SweptAway program and just for kicks I didn't turn it off when testing this and.... I like the results.  Things stay tiled but when you stop using one  of the tiled windows it Auto-Un-Tiles it! WOW!  So if I stay in one program for a long time, eventually it is maximized! So nice.)

My only comments are 1) that sometimes the windows switch positions, but now I see that you are using the built in Windows tiling there's not much you can do about that.  8)

and 2) would there be a way to not tile when a tiny pop-up window comes up?  Maybe you could tell me how to tweak the ahk to not do it when the window height is below... 200px?

I really like how the save, open, windows dialogs are tiled too!  In the past I was always changing their size and now they are perfect.

Thanks again for this! Any ideas about #2?

jgpaiva:
I see the combination with sweptaway, fritz.. Interesting! :D

About #2: It can be hard to identify those windows. Let's just specify better what you mean by "tiny pop-up" window. I can specify something like: if window is smaller than a specific height, do not tile.

BUT, if that window stays on the screen and a window is minimized / opened / etc, that window will be tiled too, because of #1. I have no control on which windows are tiled, all of the active windows are.

What do you think about this idea?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version