ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Auto-Tile open windows.

<< < (6/7) > >>

sri:
thefritz: Can you give us the link to other program you are using in conjunction with this?

justice:
I've altered the script so it tiles when i press and release the ALT-key, instead of autotiling for personal use. If there's any interest send me a PM.

thefritz_j:
sri, http://lifehacker.com/software//lifehacker-code-swept-away-windows-255055.php

justice, I'd like to try out the revised script.  you're saying it only rearranges when you press the alt key... is this "global" to all windows?

JennyB:
How about an app that would run in the systray and each time a window would open it would Auto-Tile, (auto fit) the new window with all of the currently open windows.  So with each new opened window all of the other windows are still visible, but smaller of course, and re-tiled so that they all fit the screen.

Probably the snarkiest part would be to decide which method to tile, ...
-thefritz_j (July 19, 2007, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

A idea inspied by the Oberon window manager:

Maintain two columns of windows, spanning the entire width of the screen.
Windows take the width of the column they are in (fixed width windows are centred).
The width of a single column can be manually adjusted from 0-100%, and all displayed windows adjust to suit.

New windows, by default, open at the  top of the teft column, taking any extra vertical space equally from any other open windows in the column.

Maximised windows take up the whole column height; minimised windows are reduced to a title bar.

Moving a window moves it to the other column and/or inserts it at a new positionwithin the column using the rules above.

Feasible?

justice:
try moving the taskbar to the left hand side, make it wider, then make the background transparent (would need tool). then use auto-tile :) comes close i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version