ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

new launcher just released

<< < (2/12) > >>

jgpaiva:
few things that seems great :

the ability to select files to perform actions on them (zip) ...
--- End quote ---

Farr also does, it's only a matter of making an alias action to do that
--- End quote ---

to my knowledge you cannot select files in the explorer, invoke FARR and zip files
i agree that you can make an alias to zip files but FARR is not aware of selected files out of the box
-nitrix-ud (July 18, 2007, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Right.. I see your point. I also wonder how can they do that, detect what's selected when the program is launched. Does anyone have a clue?
Also, does that work in alternative file explorers?

But.. You can drag and drop a file on to farr, and then type the action followed by enter :)

Contextual history
I'm not sure what this means..
--- End quote ---
it seems that if you search Google using their google command, it will show your past searches (using that command)
i find this very useful-nitrix-ud (July 18, 2007, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
That can be useful for people who make url searches, i see.

That first part gave me an idea. Mouser: how about having another farr variable to be used in aliases: title/class of active window when farr was called. That'd be extremelly useful for window management alias such as this one.

mouser:
it seems that if you search Google using their google command, it will show your past searches (using that command)
--- End quote ---

interesting idea, and since FARR does keep track of past search histories by default i could add this as an option without too much trouble..

nitrix-ud:
i'm trying Dash, and i have to say the ergonomy is quite amazing...

* Folder navigation is great ! when you enter a folder, the sorting is alphabetical, then if you search, the more relevant results come first... then you choose a folder, again the sorting is alphabetical, etc.

* the way it presents the command you choose, then the argument(s) (after pressing tab or space) is really nice (above the search box it shows : Google Search > keyword)

* it is VERY fast (which i doubted before trying...)

* the way it presents what you search against the current search result (like quicksilver)
* there is a sound when you select an action, which makes more sense to me than when invoking the launcher, and it actually makes you wait a little bit  :D
i think there are great ideas there !

IMHO, it puts any launcher to shame except for our beloved FARR  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
the way it presents what you search against the current search result (like quicksilver)
--- End quote ---

can you elaborate on this a bit?

Grorgy:
Given its price it would need to offer some pretty serious performance given the number of free alternatives which do much the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version