ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FarrUninstall plugin - v1.02

<< < (4/7) > >>

TnS:
First of all thanks for the kind messages. :)

mouser: The dialog idea is good but it is not possible to retrieve the installation directory -- the most important thing IMO --, the last execution time is usually bad -- shows an one year old date for my Winamp :) -- so it wouldn't be too useful.

justice: I don't exactly understand your idea. Do you want it to show all the uninstallable programs?

rbeeger: I will add automatic updating so the caching issue will be fixed.

(Sorry for the long delay with my reply.)

justice:
yes exactly.
I also found some programs were not uninstalling at all, Winrar for example.

rbeeger:
Uninstallers that have 2 entry points that show as buttons "Modify" and "Remove" in the "Add/Remove programs" dialog get invoked as if through the "Modify"-button. So for those applications it is impossible to uninstall them via this plugin.
One such application is the Java JDK 6 ( http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp ).

TnS:
Uninstallers that have 2 entry points that show as buttons "Modify" and "Remove" in the "Add/Remove programs" dialog get invoked as if through the "Modify"-button.-rbeeger (July 29, 2007, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Strange. From my installed programs list it only happened with Java JDK 6.
I tried to uninstall Java JDK 6 with other uninstaller programs (MyUninstaller, Revo Uninstaller) but they produce the same result. They invoke the Modify function and for some odd reason Java JDK 6 doesn't provide a remove option there.

What other programs are not uninstallable beside Java JDK 6?

mouser:
An idea before this becomes widely distributed.  I think it would be better to use a keyword to trigger the plugin that wasnt so likely to be used in normal searching.

what about instead of "un" using like "unstall" -- im just trying to think of a word that isnt likely to get typed while searching for a real program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version