ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Am I the only one who hates smooth scrolling?

<< < (4/6) > >>

AndyM:
:-[ ... would someone please explain what the heck this smooth scrolling is? I really don't know!

I navigate by clicking the wheel and move the mouse a little (hmm..: what program gave me this feature?). I would like to show you a nice little screenshot but FastStone won't capture all of it, so here is half of it:

-Curt (July 16, 2007, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's how my Logitech mouse works (same symbol also) - I can either hold down the scroll wheel and move the mouse a little, or click&release the scroll wheel and then move the mouse a little.

But Button 2 in Mouse Properties has to be set to "AutoScroll" for this feature to work on my mouse.  It's a handy feature.

justice:
I've always liked smooth scrolling because it gives me a better idea where the text i was reading went. Turning off smooth scrolling (especially when using the cursor keys instead of the mouse) and it appears the texts teleports up or downwards, which can be confusing. However after having turned off smooth scrolling it does seem to make more sense when using the mouse scrollwheel.

steeladept:
I haven't tried the newest logitech mouse with the fancy button wheel
--- End quote ---
I had that mouse (the MX-Revolution) for about a month. Then I got a little pissed that the frigging Logitech drivers kept losing my custom button assignments and dropped it from a little too high, it broke.

The hardware is awesome! A HUGE improvement. But the software sucks. I've found with Logitech, you better be happy with what you get in the box because there'll only be like, 3 updates, ever.
-Hirudin (July 16, 2007, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have that mouse too, and I learned a long time ago to NEVER load their software.  The mouse works great - It is awesome, in fact.  Just don't use the software!  Some people complain that without it you can't program the extra buttons, but honestly, Do you really need to?  The defaults seem pretty intuitive and if it allows you to forgo the crappy software, isn't it worth it? 

Of course I guess that is pretty much the same thing you are saying.  :Thmbsup:

Hirudin:
Do you get to use the free-spinning scroll wheel without the software?

steeladept:
Yep.  And it is FAST!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version