topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Idea: Automatic Photo resizer  (Read 4977 times)

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Idea: Automatic Photo resizer
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Just like most people, I have a large supply of photos on my computer. These are in good quality (about 3mb). To send one in an email, I have to find it, copy it to a temporary location, resize it, and then send it.
Could someone please write a hotkey program which ideally links into Picasa2 and copies the selected image to a temporary position (say desktop) and resizes it to a standard size. And most importantly, doesn't hurt the original.

Maybe use a screen capture of the image with the desktop coordinates in the right spot, then automatically save it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Idea: Automatic Photo resizer
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 07:05 AM »
image_resizer_main.jpg
How to resize images for the web - The VSO free image resize software organizes your photos by shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive. VSO Image resizer is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, create thumbnails, import or organize photos.
With this free resize image software, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files/batch image resize and thus save space on your hard drive. Using high resolution 1600x1200 for creating wallpaper or file-sharing you can save your memory. VSO Image Resizer can also change file names using a template and you can add your own watermark with transparency support.
VSO Image resizer is integrated into the Windows explorer shell, right click on your pictures and start working on your pictures !
http://www.vso-softw...ducts/image_resizer/

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:09 AM »
Also, there's Image Resizer, a powertoy by ms which adds an entry to the context menu of images, and is aimed at doing exactly what you are asking for ;)
You can find it at http://www.microsoft...oys/xppowertoys.mspx

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40 AM »
Thanks for your help,
Actually I have now found that I was just too blind to see the button in Picasa which does what I want. It can automatically resize pictures when it exports them to temp folder.
Easy when you know how, the problem is that I never have the time to fully learn all the habits of my programs, it wasn't in the right-click menu so I finished looking.
My mistake, :huh:

Thanks anyway.

Fred :Thmbsup: