ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Website Change Monitoring Tool

Website Change Monitoring Review/Award - WebsiteWatcher

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
The DonationCoder.com WebsiteWatcher Review can be found here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/WebWatchers/index.html

share your thoughts about why you agree or disagree with our review.. if you disagree, tell us about what program you think should have won.  note: this post is locked - please put comments in new threads.

Scott:
I've been using WSW for quite awhile, and it has saved tons of time.  I love it when I ask someone (such as a developer) about a new version they've posted, and they ask me, "How did you find out about it so quickly?"

The one thing that drives me nuts about WSW is the fact that if you monitor for certain text in a web page, you'll not only get a change alert when the text is added, but also if that text disappears from the page.  Martin has already told me that he plans on making it possible to filter out this kind of change detection in a future version.

mouser:
yeah its quite fun that people can't sneak anything by you when you use wsw.

i read a lot of political blogs and i love seeing little sneaky silent changes, like when someone adds or changes one sentence in a long article.

dcm:
A free program which I use is Outposted from Xequte Software,
available as http://www.dijialbum.com/download/outpostd.exe

They describe it as follows:

We all have a list of web sites that are important to us; sites for the software we use, news sites, blogs, etc.  While some of these sites change frequently, others remain static for weeks at a time.  Visiting all of these sites just to see what's new would take ages, so OutPosted does all of the work for you.  Give OutPosted a list of your favorite sites and whenever changes are detected the site is e-mailed to you.  Unlike similar software, OutPosted does not send a link to the site, or a lame "Notification of Change" message, but the actual web page, fully formatted, as an email message!             
  Usage and distribution is totally free. 

It works for me!

masu:
Hello,

I fully agree with your review. I use Website Watcher for some years and the program gets better and better. Even the beta versions are very stable for productive use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version