ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

A new start -- IMAP, FastMail, Windows Live Mail

<< < (3/3)

masu:
Windows Live Mail looks good to me.
Especially the fact, that you can handle multiple e-maill accounts with it looks great.
If it will have a good backup/restore function, I think I will switch from The Bat! to Windows Live Mail  :Thmbsup:

Does anyone know, when the Final will comes out?

iphigenie:
I use fastmail - have just renewed my account for a year. I have about 12 domains on that account and it works very nicely, filters and all. Coming from godaddy's broken mail it is a delight. Granted fastmail has no funky web2.0 functionality but I couldnt care less.

I have managed to make it work with the following clients:

- opera's mail client. I keep returning to this one, even though it is not quite a fully fledged solution
- mulberry, probably the best cover of imap functions I have tried, but I keep using opera instead
- mahogany, a shame that one isnt really developed anymore, it is fast
- outlook 2003, to allow the kind of tagging i am used to for my work email, but havent used it long enough to check how it deals with imap
- evolution, since i have outlook i couldnt see the point
- the latest poco/barca mail. I like the poco/barca products, used poco for years but imap is still a tad weak (i.e. couldnt integrate properly with fastmail's trash / draft folders, althought it did work with sent), if they ever improve it just that little bit i might upgrade my license.
- pegasus, an old classic but not quite that useful in imap mode (the connect-to-imap system is a pain at least with fastmail)
- thunderbird (too slow esp. moving things around)

I am planning to try mail client in the new version of opera this week, they say imap support was extended so it might support draft folders and the like... would be neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version