topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

How many programs do you have installed?

0-50
51-99
100-149
150-199
200-249
250-299
300-349
350 or more
I'd rather not say

Last post Author Topic: Are you a hardcore software fanatic or a poseur?  (Read 13715 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Are you a hardcore software fanatic or a poseur?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 03:55 PM »
J-Mac, you look like you need a virtual machine for all that testing. It would save you some time of cleaning hassle ;)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59 AM »
J-Mac, you look like you need a virtual machine for all that testing. It would save you some time of cleaning hassle ;)
Recently did just that!   :)

However I would still have quite a few apps installed.  E.g., I have about a dozen different graphics/digital photo applications.  Some overlap features, and when I finally admit that I am not using one hardly at all, I uninstall it. But I do use most for different functions.

When I had this PC built, I had four drives installed in it, dual processors, a bevy of optical drives, etc. I became disabled/virtually housebound a little over two years ago and so a lot of my time is spent on new-found interests: digital photo and video authoring and editing. Lotsa tools for that!

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Man, I'm down to 62 apps, and that includes over a dozen redundancies (several text editors, image editors, and three IDEs.). I've been trying to do more with less lately.