ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Another Bug, Maybe

(1/2) > >>

steeladept:
I don't know if this is a bug or not after reading the way the plugins work, but I noticed DCUpdater seemed to update all the plugins except the ProcessKill plugin.  I ended up following the instructions which worked fine, but I thought the Updater did all that.

mouser:
the updater currently doesnt know how to install zip updates (like the plugins use); im working on this now.
so basically it just informs you when they need update and takes you to their web page.
(the reason the other plugins "seemed" to update is because they were included in the latest farr update)

steeladept:
Well that just makes sense, now doesn't it  :)

mouser:
Support for updating items that use zip files instead of full-blown exe files has now been added!
It's quite involved so there may be updates of the updater needed soon :)
But basically it now knows how to install plugin updates live, even when farr is running (by having farr unload and reload them automatically while installing).

This should make installing plugin updates really easy.

justice:
So how does it know whether or not the zip file is an update to farr or a seperate program? ah wait with the path in the dcupdate file it doesn't need to does it. Or does it restart farr after any zip file install?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version