ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Perl scripting using Vista's speach recognition! Awesome!

<< < (3/3)

Edvard:
gjehle:
what i could imagine seeing tho would be macro-based voice recognition, which would need a special support packages for each programming language.
one would define standard blocks (for loops, class templates, switch-case, if-then-else, or more abstract templates) and name them eg. "new for-loop from 0 to 20" and it'll spit out "for(int i=0; i<20; ++i) { }"
--- End quote ---

Since you're running Linux, there is cdecl

Cdecl (and c++decl) is a program for encoding and decoding C (or C++) type declarations.
Cdecl reads the named files for statements in the language described below. A transformation is made from that language to C (C++) or pseudo-English.
To declare an array of pointers to functions that are like malloc(3), do

declare fptab as array of pointer to function returning pointer to char

The result of this command is

char *(*fptab[])()
--- End quote ---
:o

...and it gets more complex from there, but if a bridge could be made from voice recognition to a similar pseudo-translator, we might get somewhere. And of course, Ruby would probably work just fine as it is. :P

Laughing Man:
You could go visit CoolSoft and have a look at SpeechVibe.  The normal price is $46 but until the end of September there is a %40 rebate (from here only) with this coupon code only: ASP104 (thanks, Gautam) - making it $25.

-Curt (July 12, 2007, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll take a look at it if I can't get Deejay working. For some reason whenever I try running it, it gives me some Microsoft .net framework binary error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version