ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug report] last version 126 introduced new bug ?

(1/2) > >>

nitrix-ud:
Hi Mouser,

i have the impression that the last version (maybe last few...) introduced a new bug, i'll try to explain it :

i have the following "f" alias :
--- ---Favorites search $$1 | dosearch +folder_fav +open_fav -alias $$1to search my favorite folders

the modifier keyword "folder_fav" refers to a folder where i put shortcuts to my favorite folders

the "open_fav" keyword refers to an action keyword with the following result :
--- ---Open | C:\_joker\Utilities\Ahk\OpenFav.ahk "$$1" which opens my selected shortcuts in Directory Opus...

if i type "f ", i see all my shortcuts, which is fine...

if i type "f p", i see shortcuts BUT also items form the history... (which is not fine and new)

if i type "f ph", i should only see my "Mes Photos" folder, but instead it only shows my action keyword result ! trying to launch my photoshop cs2 exe...

i tried to modify everything related to history with no success...
is there a "-history" like the "-alias" ?

one last comment :
if i add "-ii" to my search (don't ask why "-ii", it works with many more strings ;)), it seems to work better...

i need help, i'm becoming crazy  :D

Cheers, Nitrix

mouser:
ok, let me try to tackle one thing at a time, since this is a bit confusing!
first, you can tell FARR to not match items in your search history if they are not in current search path; this is a controversial option and i'm not sure what the default should be.  Maybe i can make it a little smarter so that when it sees you are using a directory modifier it will never try to match it against history items not in path, but when you dont use a directory modifier it will.

mouser:
Now this bug:
if i type "f ph", i should only see my "Mes Photos" folder, but instead it only shows my action keyword result ! trying to launch my photoshop cs2 exe...
--- End quote ---

is something different altogether, and i think i just realized the cause..
i think the +action trick is trying to be clever and detect that there is only one result, and so it should show you text about the action.  that's normally what you want, so that you can see what action will be applied to what file.

but something is confusing it.. some interaction between the aliases.. i'm just not sure exactly what.  can you email me your alias file(s) -- might make it easier for me to fix.

as always i appreciate these bug reports so much -- especially when they deal with these esoteric uses that wouldn't otherwise get much testing :)

nitrix-ud:
ok, let me try to tackle one thing at a time, since this is a bit confusing!
first, you can tell FARR to not match items in your search history if they are not in current search path; this is a controversial option and i'm not sure what the default should be.  Maybe i can make it a little smarter so that when it sees you are using a directory modifier it will never try to match it against history items not in path, but when you dont use a directory modifier it will.
--- End quote ---

this does not change a thing ... same bug...
the thing is i didn't change those options... and i think it worked before as expected

Now this bug:

is something different altogether, and i think i just realized the cause..
i think the +action trick is trying to be clever and detect that there is only one result, and so it should show you text about the action.  that's normally what you want, so that you can see what action will be applied to what file.

but something is confusing it.. some interaction between the aliases.. i'm just not sure exactly what.  can you email me your alias file(s) -- might make it easier for me to fix.

as always i appreciate these bug reports so much -- especially when they deal with these esoteric uses that wouldn't otherwise get much testing
--- End quote ---

there should not be only this photoshop result, it should find the "My Photos" shortcut
and the funny thing is that if i add "--" or "-xxx" or many many other strings in the alias it MAKES it work

--- ---Favorites search $$1 | dosearch +folder_fav +open_fav -- -alias $$1
i'm sending you my alias files by email
hope it will help

Nitrix

mouser:
found the causes and should be fixed on next update.
for anyone keeping score, nitrix is on track to win the MVT (Most Valuable Tester) award for farr 2 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version