ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

[Idee] GroupStarter

(1/3) > >>

AbteriX:
I'am on the search for an app to start several programs as an group.

Like:

Wait x sec ; Options ; Program ; Optional Parameter ; Optional start path ; Optional message box

0 ;; Total Commander.exe ; ; ; "TC started"
2 ;; AutoHotkey.exe
2 ;; Reminder.exe ; ; ; "Reminder started, look in the TNA"
1 ;; Notepad.exe ; C:\Notice.txt

After that the GroupStarter.exe should close it self.
No TrayIcon please.
No registry, INI instead.
Should work with relative paths and system vars.
"options" is for later use. Or for this "start min, max.." thing.

Did anyone know such an tool?

app103:
I had a discussion with Jah about something very similar to this.

He made a tool that works like this:

You create a text file with the path to each file or program you want to launch. One per line.

They are launched in order.

The application accepts 2 command line parameters: the first is how many seconds you want it to wait before it begins launching what is on your list and the second is how many seconds you want it to wait between items.

If you need to launch something with command line parameters, you can configure a shortcut file and add the path to the shortcut.lnk to the list rather than the path to the application itself.

It has no tray icon, no window, doesn't use the registry...just does what it does and exits. (seems to have high cpu usage for some reason, though)

I have a copy of it but I can't distribute it without his permission, and he isn't talking to me. If you would like to try it, you'll have to PM him and ask him to share it.

AbteriX:
Thanks app103

Just before i access my AHK.chm i think i could take an google search again and found:

http://www2.webng.com/MikeB/MultiRun/MultiRunInfo.html
http://www.geocities.com/fcueto/Otros/delayrun_en.htm

justice:
Shouldn't be too hard to make for example with AutoHotkey, if it was based on text files. However it would be so much nicer if you could drag applications to the "groupstarter" and manipulate groups from within a program. ;)

Multirun looks promising though, might be useful for my dj setup (traktor, icecast, winamp,shoutcase,browser) or web development ritual. Nice find.

AbteriX:
I need only an exe who parse an ini and start the apps listed there. No GUI. I would like to modify the ini in notepad.
Maybe i go back to an batch.cmd .... but i thought there would be a smarter way.
Let's see was google brings us this night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version